Global Talent Accelerator
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND RECENT GRADS:
- Do you want to develop skills to prepare for your U.S. job search?
- Grow your professional network?
- Connect with Southeast Michigan’s top STEM employers?
Join The Global Talent Accelerator
This intensive program builds skills and connections for international students and recent graduates looking to thrive in Southeast Michigan's job market. The Global Talent Accelerator is offered twice each year, in the spring (March-April) and summer (July-August).
In the Accelerator you will:
- Learn skills from the experts on selling yourself to the U.S. job market (resume writing, interview skills, business etiquette and more)
- Get coaching from professionals in your field
- Attend events and workshops tailored to improve your chances of employment
- Take insider tours of some of metro Detroit’s top companies
Applicants must be in their final year of undergraduate or graduate studies (expecting to graduate in 2020) and eligible for OPT/CPT.
Spring session workshops will be held March 6, 13, 20 and 27 at corporate locations throughout metro Detroit. Participants will be responsible for their own transportation. (Dates are subject to change based on the schedules of host companies.)
Applications must be submitted by Feb. 21, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Applications must include a short video that answers the question: "Why do you want to join the Global Talent Accelerator?"
- Complete the Spring 2020 GTA Application Form. (Be sure to include a link to your video in the application form.)
- Record a 2- to 5-minute unedited video stating why you want to join the Global Talent Accelerator.
- Upload the private/unlisted video to YouTube. Instructions as to how to upload your video can be found here.
Submit your application by Friday, Feb. 21, 11:59 PM EST.